What is boron nitride(BN) ceramics?
Boron nitride(BN) ceramics are made from boron nitride powder by hot pressing and sintering, and then processed according to the size and specifications required by customers.
Density and hardness of BN ceramics
BN ceramics, also known as white graphite, is structurally similar to graphite and belongs to a sheet-like hexagonal structure with a theoretical density of 2.27g/cm3 and a Mohs hardness of 2.
Why use BN ceramics？
Has good electrical insulation, thermal conductivity, excellent chemical stability against thermal shock, and good moisture resistance to molten metal, slag, and glass.
Precautions for maching Boron Nitride ceramics
The boron nitride ceramic material has excellent machinability and can be machined into complex shapes with extremely tight tolerances as required. The following should be noted:
1. All boron nitride ceramic materials can be processed with standard high-speed steel cutting tools. For the processing of hard composite materials, carbide tools or diamond tools are recommended.
2. Grinding can be performed as required, and standard taps and die can be used to process threads.
3. The machining process should always be kept dry without the use of cutting oil and coolant.
4. Cutting tools should be sharp and clean, and cutting tools with negative inclination should not be used.
5. When processing materials, be careful when jamming and clamping to avoid applying excessive pressure. Climb milling technology should be used to prevent missing edges and corners.