- Shape and size can be customized according to requirements
- The surface roughness can reach Ra0.02um
- High flexural strength and hardness
- High density – up to 6.0 g/cm^3
- Low thermal conductivity – aprox. 10% of Alumina
- Other characteristics: high electrical insulation, strong corrosion resistance, high biocompatibility
Zirconia ceramic insulating gasket
Zirconia is mainly composed of zirconia. At room temperature, zirconia is the material with high mechanical strength and strong fracture toughness among all the major precision ceramics. It can be used to make cutting blades, scissors and knives. With its excellent surface smoothness, the material can also be used in pump parts.
There are several grades of Zirconia available, the most common of which are Yttria Partially Stabilized Zirconia (Y-PSZ) and Magnesia Partially Stabilized Zirconia (Mg-PSZ). Both of these materials offer excellent properties, however, the operating environment and part geometry will dictate which grade may be suitable for specific applications. Its unique resistance to crack propagation and high thermal expansion make it an excellent material for joining ceramics with metals like steel. Due to Zirconia’s unique properties it is sometimes referred to as the “ceramic steel”.
High thermal expansion (α = 11 x 10-6 / K, similar to some types of steel)
Excellent thermal insulation / low thermal conductivity (2.5 to 3 W / MK)
Very high crack growth resistance, high fracture toughness (6.5 to 8 mpam1 / 2sup >)
Ability to conduct oxygen ions (for measuring oxygen bias in a λ probe)
Great Ceramic has rich experience in milling, grinding and polishing precision (Advanced) ceramics and firing ceramics, which enables us to achieve:
- Shape and size can be customized according to requirements；
- When the dimensional accuracy of product shape is the best, it can reach ±0.003mm, which is generally controlled within ±0.05mm;
- When the internal structure accuracy of the product is the best, it can reach ±0.01mm, which is generally controlled within ±0.05mm;
- The surface roughness of zirconia ceramics can reach within Ra0.02um after polishing, and within Ra0.4-Ra0.6 under general polishing state;
- We can add arcs, grooves, threads and other structures internally;
- Contact us for more information on structure or accuracy.
All tolerances can be improved upon depending on the size, shape & geometry of the precision ceramic part. Great Ceramic is dedicated to ensuring we make only the highest quality parts that meet or exceed our customers specifications.
Why Choose Us
Great Ceramic has accumulated many years of experience in the pursuit of developing the best precision (Advanced) ceramic parts in the world, and is constantly applying this knowledge every day. In fact, we have been involved in the production of precision ceramics by many customers.
Contact us to find out what we can do for you.
- We can reply to your inquiry within 24 hours (except on Saturdays and Sundays);
- We can provide customized product service for you;
- We can accept the customized service of 1 product.
Packing and Shipping