Alumina is an excellent high temperature ceramic material due to its high temperature stability. It is the most commonly used type of advanced ceramic and is available in purities ranging from 95 – 99.5%. Great Ceramic has access to many different types of Alumina including: injection molded, die pressed, isosostatically pressed, slip cast, and extruded.
High Temperature Ability – Alumina can be used in both oxidizing and reducing atmospheres up to 1650°C (2900°F) and in vacuum environments up to
2000°C (3600°F). Abrasion Resistant – Alumina is a very hard ceramic and is excellent at resisting abrasion. It is ideal for wear-resistant inserts or products.
Electrical Insulator – Alumina is commonly used as a high temperature electrical insulator, particularly the higher purity grades which offer better resistivity.
Chemical Resistance – Alumina offers good resistance to strong acids and alkalis at elevated temperatures and is ideal for applications where resistance to corrosive substances is required.
Great Ceramic has rich experience in milling, grinding and polishing precision (Advanced) ceramics and firing ceramics, which enables us to achieve:
- We can provide customized service according to technical drawings or samples;
- When the outer diameter accuracy is the best, it can reach ± 0.002 mm, generally ± 0.01 mm；
- When the inner hole accuracy is the best, it can reach ± 0.004 mm, generally it is ± 0.01 mm；
- The surface roughness of alumina ceramic insulated pipe can reach Ra0.2um after polishing, and it is Ra0.6um in general in the state of fine grinding;
- When the roundness is the best, it can reach 0.002mm, and the general accuracy is within 0.01mm;
- Please contact us for other details of the structure.
All tolerances can be improved upon depending on the size, shape & geometry of the technical ceramic part. Great Ceramic is dedicated to ensuring we make only the highest quality parts that meet or exceed our customers specifications.
Great Ceramic has accumulated many years of experience in the pursuit of developing the best precision (Advanced) ceramic parts in the world, and is constantly applying this knowledge every day. In fact, we have been involved in the production of precision ceramics by many customers.
Contact us to find out what we can do for you.