- Easy to process, can make all kinds of complex shapes
- The density is very low, only 2.6g/cm3
- Machinable ceramics can be used in the range of – 200 ℃ ~ + 800 ℃.
- Various electrical properties (dielectric constant, dielectric loss, bulk resistivity, dielectric strength) are excellent;
- Machinable glass ceramics have excellent corrosion resistance
Machinable Ceramics structural parts
Machinable ceramics has the versatility of a high performance polymer, the machinability of a metal, and the performance of an advanced technical ceramic. It is a hybrid glass-ceramic and offers a unique combination of properties from both families of materials. Machinable ceramic is an excellent electrical and thermal insulator, and offers good performance in high temperature, vacuum, and corrosive environments.
One of the main advantages of machinable ceramic is that it can be machined with conventional metalworking tools. This allows for significantly faster turnarounds and substantially lower production costs when compared with other technical ceramics, making it an excellent material for both prototyping and medium-volume production runs.
Lower density: 2.27g/cm，Lower than most ceramics
High thermal conductivity: the thermal conductivity of hot pressed products is 33W / M.K, which is the largest among ceramic materials above 530 ℃.
Low thermal expansion coefficient: 2×10-6 is the smallest expansion coefficient in ceramics, next only to quartz glass
The lower friction coefficient: U is 0.16 and does not increase at high temperature
Good corrosion resistance: no chemical reaction with general molten metal
Great Ceramic has rich experience in milling, grinding and polishing precision (Advanced) ceramics and firing ceramics, which enables us to achieve:
- Shape and size can be customized according to requirements；
- The shape accuracy of square shaped products can reach ± 0.05 mm generally, and ± 0.01 mm at the most precise；
- The dimensional accuracy of tubular products can reach ± 0.05mm in general and ± 0.01mm in the most precise case；
- The dimensional accuracy of the internal groove and round hole is generally about ± 0.05 mm, and the position accuracy is within 0.1 mm;
- Please contact us for other details of the structure.
All tolerances can be improved upon depending on the size, shape & geometry of the precision ceramic part. Great Ceramic is dedicated to ensuring we make only the highest quality parts that meet or exceed our customers specifications.
Why Choose Us
Great Ceramic has accumulated many years of experience in the pursuit of developing the best precision (Advanced) ceramic parts in the world, and is constantly applying this knowledge every day. In fact, we have been involved in the production of precision ceramics by many customers.
Contact us to find out what we can do for you.
- We can reply to your inquiry within 24 hours (except on Saturdays and Sundays);
- We can provide customized product service for you;
- We can accept the customized service of 1 product.
Packing and Shipping