Alumina is an excellent high temperature ceramic material due to its high temperature stability. It is the most commonly used type of advanced ceramic and is available in purities ranging from 95 – 99.5%. Great Ceramic has access to many different types of Alumina including: injection molded, die pressed, isosostatically pressed, slip cast, and extruded.
High Temperature Ability – Alumina can be used in both oxidizing and reducing atmospheres up to 1650°C (2900°F) and in vacuum environments up to
2000°C (3600°F). Abrasion Resistant – Alumina is a very hard ceramic and is excellent at resisting abrasion. It is ideal for wear-resistant inserts or products.
Electrical Insulator – Alumina is commonly used as a high temperature electrical insulator, particularly the higher purity grades which offer better resistivity.
Chemical Resistance – Alumina offers good resistance to strong acids and alkalis at elevated temperatures and is ideal for applications where resistance to corrosive substances is required.
Great Ceramic has rich experience in milling, grinding, polishing and mold sintering of precision (Advanced) ceramics, which enables us to achieve::
- TWe can provide customized service according to technical drawings or samples;
- Products can have complex structure, such as irregular surface, thread, groove or through-hole structure;
- The dimensional accuracy error of the products sintered by mould is generally controlled within 1% of the size;
- The size accuracy of the product is related to the size of the product, and the larger the size, the greater the error. The general dimension error is within ± 0.05;
- The surface roughness of alumina ceramic products can reach Ra0.2Um after rolling polishing;
- We can provide alumina ceramic surface glazing service;
- For more information on product structure or accuracy, please contact us.
All tolerances can be improved upon depending on the size, shape & geometry of the technical ceramic part. Great Ceramic is dedicated to ensuring we make only the highest quality parts that meet or exceed our customers specifications.
Great Ceramic has accumulated many years of experience in the pursuit of developing the best precision (Advanced) ceramic parts in the world, and is constantly applying this knowledge every day. In fact, we have been involved in the production of precision ceramics by many customers.
Contact us to find out what we can do for you.